I always try to outline "staples" in my wardrobe when I style outfits, so I wanted to post about some of my can't live without items for summer. Why summer, why now, you ask? Because NOW is the perfect time to snag summer sales. (Just wait until you see my recent jcrew haul from their mega online final sale!)
1. A pair of super distressed, super comfy denim shorts. Denim shorts are always in, but the styles do change from season to season. These are Citizens of Humanity jeans that I found at the Goodwill for $5, and I cut and distressed them myself with a brillo pad, bleach, and serrated knife!
2. A flat, comfy pair of sandals that aren't flip-flops. Summer usually requires lots of walking, but flip flops can actually hurt your feet. These yellow sandals are Sperrys that I found end of season clearance at Macys two summers ago. I wanna say they were no more than $15.
3. A soft comfy tshirt that you can travel with, wear with your denim shorts, leggings, or over a swim suit. This tee that I thrifted forever ago for $3 is a summer go-to. I even wear it to bed a lot!
4. Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue tinted gel moisturizer. SPF 30 made this a summer must-have. Plus, chemical free and cruelty free.
5. A good pair of sunglasses. These Burberrys go with everything and are dark enough for bright summer days!
6. A thrifted, vintage clutch that can travel with you. Small, yet casual or a little more dressy. Vintage, unique purses and clutches are everywhere, you just haveto keep your eyes open!
7. A pair of wedges that can be dressed up or down. These were a clearance item that I found for $20. They're leather, and starting to patina, which I love, and are actually comfortable!
8. And finally, one neutral colored cardigan (or two!) that can go with a sundress or jean shorts, or even over a bathing suit! This cardi is soft yet lightweight. It's longer, and thrifted for $3.
It doesn't take an unlimited budget to be fashionable all summer! Keep your eyes open now for summer sales that you can stash away for next year! Cheers!